Solitaire debut- Wake Island

Must be great to have a dedicated gaming table where you can leave everything or set up the next game.
I have to use the dining table!

When you say the next one is Guadalcanal, I assume you mean Guadalcanal (Matanikau River) from October 1942. I don’t have the Pacific Pack, but do have many scenarios from various sources, and that one comes after Wake Island in one of them.
There are many other Guadalcanal scenarios, most of which have been put into an excellent Campaign, in which Guadalcanal (Matanikau River) is number 11 (not number 5, which is the First Battle of Matanikau in August 1942!).
It can be confusing keeping up with the scenario names, especially as many don’t mention the campaign/operation name in the title (e.g., Henderson Field - I’m sure many Americans know that is Guadalcanal, but I’m an ignorant Brit when it comes to the Pacific!).
Also, I organise my scenarios by year. So Guadalcanal gets even more confusing as it was 1942 to 1943!

This is another aspect of the game I really appreciate - my knowledge has been greatly expanded by reading the scenario briefings and doing further reading on the units, weapons, locations, etc.

1 Like