Printed scenarios- which to get?

Hi everyone, a quick question. I already have the Jungle and Desert pack and the Khalakin-gol set. I’ve not yet given them much time, but I like many of you, I feel like I want to have them all!
I recently found Sword of Stalingrad and Disaster at Dieppe in my country for a reasonable price. My currently tight budget allows for one of these- but which one? I hope to eventually get both, but which would you prioritize?

3 Likes

I went with Sword of Stalingrad first because I thought Stalingrad seemed more interesting than Dieppe. I haven’t played Dieppe yet so I can’t directly compare the two! Either way, it’s hard to beat the printed maps for overlord play.

2 Likes

I got Sword of Stalingrad mostly for the additional Combat cards; however, my gaming group found the overlord maps especially fun so I highly recommend it.

I play Memoir 44 using my Microarmor miniatures on a hex battle mat.

Here’s a picture from one of our Stalingrad games

3 Likes

That looks very interesting. Welcome to the group. Memoir is fascinating in that it can approached from a fairly simple level with fairly young children (or non-gaming spouse in my case), but it allows for some nice customization and if you’re so inclined, you can make things for it and do some historical research too. Its enjoyable on various different levels. I personally play predominantly solitaire, but maybe one day, when the planets all align, I hope for the chance to get a nice group together for a proper Overlord session!

1 Like

Alas, my two cheap options disappeared from Japanese Amazon. On the bright side, I found a reasonably-priced base set with wooden dice, so I’m still able to play some Overlord. I do have some maps, but until now I didn’t have enough minis to play them properly.

1 Like

Zatu Games located in the UK seems to be my best option for ordering printed maps, they have Sword of Stalingrad in stock along with some of the harder to find maps. Dieppe comes with 4 standard size printed maps and Tigers in the Snow comes with 2 standard size maps. Jungle and Desert comes with 2 combat decks and some standard maps. I don’t recall if Sword of Stalingrad came with any, but I know Hedgerow Hell is only Overlord maps. Good luck on your search!

Thanks very much. The two maps mysteriously returned to Japanese Amazon, and at a reasonable cost. That’s one excellent thing about the printed scenarios, being basically paper they are light and easy to send. Although from Amazon JP, they’re from a seller who seems to be based in the UK and delivery is only 300yen- just over $2!

1 Like