Painting and 3d printing

Hi Memoir 44 fans, i have only recently discovered the joys of a quick war game. I have played Axis and Allies for many years, while it is a great game(along with its many variations) it is a game that requires a full day. Have had my Mem44 set sitting on the shelf for over a year, had a recent break from work so i decided to open the box. This is wonderful to have a game in 15 to 20 minutes, i need to get more game buddies now… Not willing to just play with plain little men and tanks i slapped some paint on and have also recently acquired a 3d printer. Adds a little extra flavor.

4 Likes

Unfortunately for me, i am a farmer so normally don’t have much free time (holidays are wonderful) so finding this game and its easy rules is great. It would be so much better if i always had a willing partner or friend to play against, most of my games are solo. Still, i am enjoying it, christmas is soon so i might be able to get some visitors to play against.

I have the Pacific expansion on the way, plan to get both Med and Eastern expansions as well.
Happy gaming people.

3 Likes

Hey, very nice job on the paint. I’ll paint my M44 some day. Im thinking in adding some 3rd party minis for overlord too.

As for people to play with, yes it’s always a challenge. But don’t stop introducing people to the game. I’ve had people who I never thought would like it, enjoy it. Now I have a group of friends asking me to play and I can’t because exams!

Again very nice job customizing your Memoir 44!

3 Likes

Japanese troops ready for battle

5 Likes

Love those tanks! tricolor camuflage is always good

1 Like

Good effort. I love playing with painted minis.

1 Like

A little more detailing and the “Bear” will be ready for battle

3 Likes

I like the way that you painted the tanks in a variety of schemes. This makes it visually more interesting once you get them on the board.

1 Like

The British forces, slightly over done on the weathering

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Dave!

They all look great! Boy do I wish I could have someone paint my minis! I have 2 base games and 2 copies of mediterranean and the eastern front, I simply would not be able to paint all of these. I’d rather play with them than paint them, and I’ve not had that much time for playing!

In any case, this is an impressive collection, I bet it looks even better playing with these than the pictures show.

2 Likes

Hi Dangermouse, could you share where you got the decals for your miniatures? Great job btw!

Thanks, decals are from: https://i-94enterprises.com/

1 Like

Thanks for the website link! Im currently gathering materials for customised terrain (your 3d print forrest look really good) , and to begin painting my armies. Id scanned a bit for decals, but a little overwhelmed online.
I know its a bit of an ask, but do you still know which specific decal packs you ordered,the website has very little information on sizes.

Sorry, has been many years since i last ordered

1 Like

Awesome painting. I love the variety of painting on the tanks. Those are incredible bunks and town hexes you 3-D printed and painted very cool. Thanks for the great photos.