Neoprene boards and maps?

Has anyone explored the idea of doing the boards and paper maps in neoprene? I just did some quick googling and didn’t find anyone currently offering this, but if you play other board games you know this is offered quite often - either by the manufacturer or third party vendors. I just played Villagers with a friend and he had the board in neoprene, which gave me the idea to ask.

3 Likes

I have some m44 boards printed on vinyl (I think that is how is called). Its great because it easy to store rolled, and its waterproof, which means its very easy to clean if it gets something on it.

I think you can get custom neoprene boards too, so yes, totally doable.

2 Likes

What a coincidence that you ask this question, I was considering getting an alternate solution for the breakthrough boards that have been so long out of print. :slight_smile:

There’s a company in the US called Inked Gaming that seems to sell neoprene game mats, and they make custom versions with any image. They have some models for wargaming but nothing that seems to fit the Memoir '44 format. I haven’t tried it myself, but there must be some way to have them print an image of the game board (or a generic version). Hopefully the scale is right.

I have not tried them myself, I have only heard of them through the game mats they produce for other games, but they seem to make quality game mats. I can foresee some bonuses of playing with a neoprene board, namely not needing any sort of plexiglas to hold down the terrain hexes and also being bump resistant. I’ve had my board bumped several times in the middle of a game and sometimes it throws units around (mainly infantry).

If you’d like some help getting those files to upload on the Inked Gaming website let me know, it would be awesome if we made this work for other people as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi folks,

As breakthrough boards are currently unavailable anywhere, i recently got a breakthrough board printed on a felt/velour type fabric. By a UK based outfit; https://www.tinywargames.co.uk/.

I sent them the specifications for hex’s etc and they handled the rest. It turned out great. Tempted to get another in Snow or Desert format.

See image below, I only thought of requesting a medal track after ordering, would request for one to be added if ordering again.

Think printing was around 50 pounds with another 20 for delivery (I live in Ireland).

2 Likes

I’ve been trying an alternative to the blank breakthough maps and have had no luck in the States. We’ve got a wide format printer at work but I don’t have the skills to create a file to print a generic blank map.

1 Like

I think @Winters had some link for a bunch of community made blank maps :slight_smile:

Here they are!

I recommend downloading the first file on the list

2 Likes

Hola, muchas gracias por el dato los queria conseguir desde hace mucho tiempo, me gusta el material original pero es imposible de conseguir y lo que hicieron en fantasy fligh de sacar las expanciones para usar los mapas grandes y no sacar los mapas y nisiquiera notificar hasta ultimo momento fue muy desleal, y nisiquiera dar la posibilidad de poderlos bajar ya que no los volvieron a reimprimir.

2 Likes

Hey guys. I’ve posted about this on a few other threads. There is a seller on etsy.com selling breakthrough boards printed on canvas. Roughly $32 single side and $58 for a double side print of any terrain countryside \beach\dessert\snow.

Hi @Reefa,

Would you mind posting a link to the direct etsy artist / deal so I can link it for other users? I’ll add it to your post. I think others may be interested in this, and the link would help a lot.

For sure,
This item is unavailable - Etsy

Seems like the best deal going online especially considering the ridiculous prices people are asking for the official boards.