Miniatures used by Multiple Nations

I received the Khalkhin-Gol battle maps recently and immediately painted the Soviet BA-10 armored cars in Soviet colors and the Type 97 Tankettes in Japanese colors.

Now as I’m playing the campaign I realize the BA-10s are used for both nations.

Having just received the Equipment Pack, does anyone know any other miniatures that will be shared by other nations?

I would appreciate any help, thank you!

5 Likes

Mobile Artillery, Long Tom, Supply Trucks, Patrol Cars, Snipers, Cavalry, Half-Tracks, Tank Destroyers, Mortars, Machine Guns, Anti-Tank Guns.

I have even played a scenario where the Tiger tank rules were used for one of the Allied armor units. So yes, Tiger Tank.

Because of this multi-use for these units, I have many of these painted in multiple paint schemes in my collection.

5 Likes

You could also scout out some 3D modelers that create plastic miniatures and sell on etsy or eBay.

1 Like

I like that I have the option, and may end up doing it if it makes things easier, but hopefully I will be able to come up with a solution as I play more scenarios and get a feel for how many of each special unit miniature should be allocated to each nation.

For now I plan to repaint some “Soviet BA-10s” to work for the Japanese at Khalkhin-Gol and keep the Equipment Pack that lovely grey tone. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll update if I can come up with something helpful for players/painters!

3 Likes

As I am in the process of painting my collection, I thought about painting each nation a solid primary colour and doing the ones used by multiple nations in black (for the SWA‘s) and camouflage (for the vehicles).

Camouflage as a wild, so to say.

5 Likes

This project is taking a long time, but I ended up going with a simple 3 color scheme for my SWAs. Hope your project is going well!

3 Likes

That‘s a nice looking Panzerschreck there. Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunatly, I haven‘t got too much time to paint lately. Mostly because of having little kids…

3 Likes

Kids are great, enjoy that! There’s no due date for the painting. I ended up doing the other 12 SWAs that came in the equipment pack last night using a similar scheme.

4 Likes

Those really look amazing. For an expert such as yourself how long does it take to paint the 12 figures above once you have a functioning plan in place?

1 Like

Thank you! I’m new to painting, this is my first large project, but it probably took 2 hours to finish those 12. I spent longer than that trying to find the right paints for the job. Ended up going with:

Army Painter Skeleton Bone spray primer

Citadel Contrast Paint colors: Militarum Green, Aggaros Dunes, Snakebite Leather, Ork Flesh, and Basilicanum Grey

Cheapest paintbrush set at Walmart.

I’d recommend trying it if you like it, the paint does all the work.

2 Likes

I hate to think what it would take to paint all of the Memoir 44 in my collection. :flushed:

You’ve made it very tempting especially by posting all the colors used. Magnificent results. I’ll have to start elsewhere. Memoir 44 just has so many miniatures!

2 Likes