Communication lines have been restored, we're back online!

You might have noticed that we were offline for a few days. From August 12th to today, there was a problem with the server which was causing almost all incoming requests to fail while providing no system alert to me (system administrator).

During these past months (years!) we’ve accumulated quite the number of maps and scenarios, photos and other types of media and this filled up the disk space in the server. Weirdly enough, there was no notification sent to me. I just came in to do my periodic check in, noticed this and fixed it immediately.

To make sure this doesn’t happen again, I’ve doubled the server storage and I will set up automatic checks to make sure the website is loading properly, and notify me immediately if there’s some issue.

I can also be reached at [email protected] if anyone wants to report any future issues.

I apologize for the prolonged downtime, I’m currently on vacation and my access to computers is limited. I’m confident that my newly adopted contingency methods will be enough to prevent issues like this from happening again, and notify me immediately if the server somehow continues to go down.

7 Likes

Very glad to see the site is back up. Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

Thanks for sorting it out.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

1 Like

:flushed: Its good to be back. :smiley:

2 Likes