1940 Stonne: French counter-attack

Historical Background
After the fierce battle of the 15th of May, the struggle for the village of Stonne continued on the 16th. Following an heavy shelling by the French artillery, the 3rd battalion of 51st Infantry Regiment and three companies of B1 Bis heavy tanks of the 41st and 45th Tank
Battalions attacked the village occupied by infantrymen of the GrossDeutschland Regiment and tanks of the 10.Panzer Division. The Germans were driven out once again from the ruins of the village. French Captain Billotte with his tank “l’Eure” made one of the best feat of arms of this campaign : advancing in the main street along a column of German tanks, he destroyed all of them one by one (Michael Wittmann made the same exploit in June 1944 at Villers Bocage against the 7th British Armored Division “The Desert Rats”, with more publicity). After this battle, the French tanks had to leave the battlefield for refuelling, the Germans took advantage of that to recapture the village.
Briefing
Axis 5 command cards. Allied 6 command cards, you move first.
Conditions of Victory
6 medals. The church of Stonne is a temporary medal objective for the Allied player.
Special Rules

• French Army rules (Nations 7) to all Allied infantry units.
  • Elite Tanks rules (Troop 2) to the four French armored units.
  • Special Weapon Asset rules (SWA 1 & 2) to the three
    German infantry units with anti-tank badge.
  • Blitz rules (Actions 15).
  • Air Power cards removed before play.

Scenario link

After a long lockdown, I finally got round to playing again!
We had a French weekend, with three battles from 1940.
First up, another great one from JDRommel (not just because this was the only one of the three that I (as the French) actually won!).
The Germans had three anti-tank units, which are represented by panzerfausts from my Italeri German paratroops (circled in red). And I got to use some of my Heroics and Ros French tanks (Hotchkiss H39, Somua S35) as well as Italeri Free French Infantry.
This was a great game, really tight, lasted a good hour or so, and could have gone either way. In the end, the French snatched a 6-4 victory, partly due to having special tank units (4 figures) and taking the victory medal (the church in Stonne).
So, another highly recommended scenario for you.

The start:

The finish: