Solitaire table management

When I first started playing (10 years ago), it was mostly solo. Over the last 2-3 years I have had a regular opponent, but still like the ocsassional solo.

The issue about knowing your enemies cards can be addressed by asking ‘‘which Command Cards really make a difference?’’
The only 2 which I think are dangerous are Counter Attack and Ambush. The last one in particular is nightmare - ‘‘I cannot do this great-looking Close Assault knowing the enemy will ambush me!’’
Solution? Remove these cads from the pack (or put them to one side when they appear).
The only others which I think will make you question your tactics if the enemy has them are Air Power (‘‘Better keep my units seperated - I know the Allies have Air Power!’’), Their Finest Hour (‘‘They are going to wipe me out when they play that!’’), and Behind Enemy Lines (‘‘That infantry unit is going to sneak in and destroy my tank unit - I had better move it now!’’).
But so much depends on the luck of the dice that these cards are probably not worth worrying about.