Solitaire table management

ezgif-3-d5fb89637c
Here is a quick update on my spinning solitaire board. The base is from Ikea and it was intended as a thing to hand things like kitchen items on. The bar that came with it is for attaching it to a wall, but it was perfect in holding the board in position on top. The rotation device is the second iteration, it cost me 200 yen, which is approximately the cost of a cup of coffee. I got it from a shop here in Japan known as Daiso, which is a thrift store. The weight of the white board makes it work well. As you can see in the gif, the rotation is quite smooth (even when spun by my five-year-old) and none of the pieces move at all. Hex tiles also don’t move, but I forgot to include some in the video. Even the card holders can be spun without dropping anything, although I prefer to not have them there. The tank models seen here are from a Japanese set called World of Tanks Museum, and I bought them in a Japanese secondhand shop. I intended them to be used as Tiger tanks, but my son has claimed them as his own.
I’m really not a handy person at all, but I’m pleased with my project. My next will be to do something about 3D hills. A separate thread to follow…

2 Likes